[View the story “SMU OL Tempo and Scheme with Coach Stephen Sorrells” on Storify]…
Monthly Archives: March 2016
Q1: What are the Every Day Drills (EDD) for your position? (post pics if possible) #txhsfbchat
Q2: Why is this your EDD? What is the purpose of it, and why is it necessary to be worked every day? #txhsfbchat
Q3: What are other important drills you use that are not used every day? (post pics, please) #txhsfbchat
Q4: How do you schedule your drills for each day of practice? each week? #txhsfbchat
Q5: How have you adapted the drills you use to fit the needs of the players and the program? #txhsfbchat
Q6: How often do you change your drills to work the same skill, but with a different approach? #txhsfbchat
Q7: Where do you go to find drills and how do you decide if they are useful to your players and program? #txhsfbchat
Defensive Back Drills
(Skills and Drills) By: Romison Saint-Louis EDD’s Big Hips: Down a line feet together hips rotating side to side. 180 degrees. Emphasis on turning it all the way and jumping high. Quick Hips: Same as big hips but emphasis on speed. Foot Fire (over a line): Stepping over and back down a line without touching…
Shopping for Nutrition…a virtual trip with Coach Garson Skelton
You don’t have to eat perfect, just not bad. Coach Garson Skelton of Harker Heights High School in Killeen, TX educates us on easy ways for our athletes to eat better.
OL chat with Coach Matt Jones of #LinemanLunch
[View the story “OL with Coach Matt Jones of #LinemanLunch” on Storify]…
Mid Zone Run Game with Coach Bill Best
[View the story “Mid Zone Run Game with Coach Bill Best” on Storify]…
Strength and Conditioning with Coach Garson Skelton
1. How do you help educate your athletes on nutrition and eating habits?
2. When it comes to supplements what do you tell your athletes? For/Against? Which ones?
3. When it comes to speed/agility days, what do you feel like is the most important? or the most over looked?
4. You can only use 2 exercises for the entirety of offseason, what do you use?
5. Aside from getting Stronger and more Conditioned, what other training aspects do you value in off-season?